Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Goodbye September

Monthly Rewind
September

My Pic of September
I just couldn't decide:
 
Sunflowers symbolize the end of summer for me and I love these warm colors. These flowers always make me happy.

I also found these spray colored plants at our local garden center and the arrangement with the garden gnomes was just too good not to include here.


September in One Word
Transitional
September was clearly the beginning of fall. It was cool in the evenings but warm during the days when the sun was out. While walking Felix you had to put on your jacket when being in the shade and you could take it off when out in the sun. I like this transitional period, love wearing my scarves again and enjoying those sunny fall days outside.

3 things that happened in September
  • A friend of mine went to study abroad for a year. Saying goodbye was harder than I thought.
  • Netflix finally launched in Austria. I cannot believe we survived that long without it.
  • I went to the cinema with a good friend and we watched the movie to Kerstin Gier's Saphireblue. The movie is a German production but quite entertaining. I think I need to reread the books soon.


5 Songs that were popular on my i-Pod
I revisted some old favorites in September
Old Before I Die by Robbie Williams

Better Man by Robbie Williams

At your Side by The Corrs

Toss the Feathers by The Corrs

Golden by Lady Antebellum 


Books I Read This Month
Maureen Johnson - 13 Little Blue Envelopes
Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg - The Chase
Kady Cross - The Girl in the Clockwork Collar
Shannon Stacey - All He Ever Desired
Kady Cross - The Dark Discovery of Jack Dandy
Terry Pratchett - Guards! Guards!
Janet Evanovich - Sizzling Sixteen
Ali McNamara - From Notting Hill with Love...Actually


8 books
2608 pages


A TV-series I liked this Month
I started watching the second season of Hart of Dixie and am so glad that Daisy already watched it so I had someone to talk when I reached some of those "What?" moments.



Things I am looking forward to in October
Well, university starts again at the beginning of October. So there isn't really that much to look forward to but let's try:
  • After quite some time I'm having a play date with my favorite little guy again and I'm also looking forward to a nice, long talk with his mum and my good friend.
  • More sunny fall days before the fog settles over Vienna. 
  • Spending some quality time with my mum before she's off to the States for just over 2 weeks at the end of the month. 
  • The relase day of Lady Antebellum's new album 747 and Ali McNamara's new book From Notting Hill with Four Weddings...Actually.


Felix in September
During one of our afternoon walks

No comments:

Post a Comment