Tuesday, January 28, 2014

...in books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week the girls want to know my
Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want To Live In 
or my
Top Ten Characters I'd Never Want To Trade Places With  
 I really liked both these questions so I will do both!

Top Five Worlds I'd Never Want To Live In
Trenton, New Jersey from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series
Ankh-Morpork from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series
the surreal Great Britain from Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series
St. Vladimir’s Academy from Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series
Lucky Harbour from Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbour series 
because who wants to live in a city where there are people murdered right under your nose and you always get your car blown up, a city full of witches, wizards and a stinky river, an academy full of vampires and Lucky Harbour because there everyone finds a man and I really don't want to be the only single girl there ;)
 
Top Five Characters I'd Never Want To Trade Places With
Alexia Tarabotti from Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series
Holly from Marni Bates' book Decked with Holly
Clary Fray from Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series
Kate from Amy Plum's Revenant series
Rose Hathaway from Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series
because I don't want to be alpha of a pack of werewolves, motherless like Clary or Kate, bullied by my family like Holly or a bodyguard and willing to die for my protégé like Rose

3 comments:

  1. I would say great picks but I can't because I wouldn't want to live in those worlds or trade places with them either.
    Here's our TTT
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose does have a hard job. Plus with Lisa's thoughts in her head, the position is 24/7
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO TRUE on Rose Hathaway. Her whole situation really stinks.

    ReplyDelete