Sunday, September 1, 2013

My Life...

Monthly Rewind
August


My Pic of August

August in One Word 
Action
I had a month filled with work, a trip to London and a bit - okay, a lot - of book shopping. 
In Austria students who failed one or two courses in school last semester get a chance of changing their grade on the first two days of the new school year. If they pass they can stay in their class but if they don't they have to do the year they failed again. That's why I work a lot during August tutoring students in English. During August I usually have not a lot of time for much more than work, sleep and read. This is what I did this year too.
 
5 Things that Happened in August
  • I went to London with my mum for a week at the beginning of August. We enjoyed the cooler weather (it was almost 40° in Vienna for quite a while at the end of July and the beginning of August so we enjoyed the 24° in London a lot), ate a whole lot of good food, bought an enormous pile of books (17 in total) and had a great time. I love those trips with my mum!
  • Bout of Book 9.0 - I always enjoy taking part in the Bout of Books read-a-thons. Unfortunately the next one is not till January 2014 - way too long in my opinion!
  • One of my students recommended some books to me, I bought them, read one and I absolutely adored it. He recommended Jonathan Stroud's Bartimaeus series and the Skulduggery Pleasant series.
  • I got a new phone. Now I am the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S III mini in blue.
  • I wasn't able to fly to Amsterdam to meet Kat from The Aussie Zombie, Daisy from Between the Pages, Vicky from Books, Biscuits and Tea, Celine from Nyx Book Reviews, Lauren from Lauren Reads YA, Judith from PaperRiot and Debby from Snuggly Oranges because I got sick on the day I should have boarded a plane. :(

3 Songs that Were Popular on My I-Pod
Call it a Day by Rachel Talbott

Quitter by Carrie Underwood

The Other Side by Jason Derulo covered by Luke Conard and Alyssa Poppin


Book I Read this Month 
 
I finished my Goodreads Challenge! 
The Heist was the 60th book I read in 2013!
  • Shannon Stacey - Undeniably Yours
  • Jill Shalvis - Lucky in Love
  • Gail Carriger - Soulless
  • Claire LaZebnik - The Trouble with Flirting
  • Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg - The Heist
  • Jonathan Stroud - The Amulet of Samarkand
  • Shannon Hale - Austenland 
  • Colleen Helme - Carrots
8 books
2612 pages
 
a TV series I liked this month
The Big Bang Theory

Things I'm Looking Forward to in September
  • some quiet days spend reading and doing nothing much more
  • getting my new planner I designed myself - as soon as it arrives I'll show it to you
  • having some days to myself since it's the last month of summer holidays for me and I didn't have a lot of me time until now
  • warm late summer days - I just love the transition from summer to fall 
  • planning my new semester, my life, my blogoversary, ... 
  • spending time with friends again. I really neglected them during August. 
  • I also cannot believe that the baby girl of one of my best friends turns 1 year this month. Time really flies!
Felix in August

1 comment:

  1. So sad you couldn't come to Amsterdam. Congrats on completing your Goodreads Challenge! (: And so early in the year, pfew.

    ReplyDelete