Wednesday, August 28, 2013

...in books

April from Good Books and Good Wine created a wonderful 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge! Check it out and if you'll participate link your post to April's original post.

Day 14: Tell us your deal breakers

  • Death of an animal - I cannot deal well with death and if there's an animal dying in a book I usually am in tears.
  • when a mystery isn't solved - this only happens when reading mystery novels and realizing that one of the mysteries isn't solved really annoys me.
  • war - I don't pick up books dealing with war and if there are some that don't say that the story touches the subject of war I do not finish them.
  • annoying love triangles over sooooo many books in a series - this usually happens in cozy mysteries and as long as the characters are all lovely and the love triangle isn't the main point in the book I can deal with it but these annoying love triangles that go on over 20+ books - no way hosé
  • whiney (female) characters - I cannot deal with whiney charcters-not in real life and not in books
  • mistakes in the setting of a story - I hate it when I am reading a book and feel like the setting isn't correct. Let me give you an example: Let's say a book is set in London and the main character emerges from the underground at Oxford Circus and turns around and sees the House of Parliament, which is not possible. Those things really bug me. If you set a book in an existing place and not a fantasie world, get it right! Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment