Monday, August 19, 2013

...in books

Finally it's time again for a Bout of Books Read-a-Thon!

From Monday August 19th to Sunday August 25th there will be another Bout of Books Read-a-thon hosted by the lovely Amanda from On a Book Bender and Kelly from Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01 am Monday and runs through Sunday midnight in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.  


I am not sure how many books I'll be able to read because during this week I'm not only teaching for 8 hours (Monday-Friday), should finally start studying but I will also be away from Friday to Sunday. I will be in Amsterdam meeting four other wonderful book blogger and I am pretty sure we'll spend all our time together talking, laughing, book shopping but not reading. If you are in Amsterdam over the weekend, don't forget to join us for the Book Blogger Picnic. I will however have some time to kill at the airport and on the plane so hopefully I'll get some reading done. I currently am only one book away from completing my Goodreads Challenge of reading 60 books this year. 

My Goals
  • I want to complete my Goodreads Challenge, which means I want to finish at least one book. 
  • I want to try to read at least 1 hour a day.
  • I don't want to stress about this read-a-thon. I always enjoy it and it's great fun but if I am not able to meet my goals that's fine too.
  • I want to enjoy this week of reading, rambling and being surrounded by bookish people.  
As you might know by now, I hate (yes, hate) having to come up with specific books I will read during the read-a-thon and I'm glad that there's no need for me to write them down beforehand. So I will choose them during the week, depending on my mood.
 
Daily Updates: 

Monday
Number of pages I've read today: 210 pages
Books I read: The Heist by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg

Books I finished: 1 (The Heist)

Tuesday
 
Number of pages I've read today: 116 pages
Books I read:
The Amulet of Samarkand by
Books I finished: 1 (The Heist)

Wednesday 
Number of pages I've read today: 139 pages
Books I read:
The Amulet of Samarkand by
Books I finished: 1 (The Heist)

Thursday
Number of pages I've read today: 285 pages
Books I read:
The Amulet of Samarkand by
Books I finished: 2 (The Heist, The Amulet of Samarkand)

Friday
Number of pages I've read today: 0 pages
Books I read: 0
Books I finished:
2 (The Heist, The Amulet of Samarkand)

Saturday
Number of pages I've read today: 97 pages
Books I read: Austenland by Shannon Hale
Books I finished:
2 (The Heist, The Amulet of Samarkand)

Sunday
Number of pages I've read today: 96 pages
Books I read:
Austenland by Shannon Hale 
Books I finished: 3 (The Heist, The Amulet of Samarkand, Austenland)

2 comments:

  1. It is good that you are relaxed with your goals so that you can enjoy the read-a-thon. 210 pages is pretty good in a relaxed state. Best of luck with your reading. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahey, well done, AND you finished your reading challenge ;)

    ReplyDelete