Monday, August 12, 2013

...in books

April from Good Books and Good Wine created a wonderful 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge! Check it out and if you'll participate link your post to April's original post.

Day 6: Describe how you shop for books

When I'm let lose in a bookstore, especially if it is an English bookstore, I have a certain way of choosing my prey. If I am on a hunt for one specific book I immediately go to the section of the store and start looking.

More regularly I must keep myself from squealing "So many books!" or "My precious" (but not in a Gollumy way) but that usually needs all my energy so I can't withold myself and just start piling up books either on the floor around me or on my arms. As soon as the pile reaches a frightening hight or my arms are extremely close to breaking from the sheer weight of the books I retreat to a quiet corner of the shop (mostly I can be found in the cookbook section) and sort through all the books at least twice (once I will go through them thinking if I need them and the second time round I'll really leave some behind due to money reasons).

As soon as I decided on an enormous amount of books I really really need I will pay for them and leave the store because after spending hours in a bookstore even my bestest friend is getting angry with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment