Tuesday, February 19, 2013

...in books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week the girls at The Broke and Bookish want to know my:
 Top 10 Favorite Characters in Mysteries

I love reading mysteries - mostly cozy mysteries because I can get scared pretty easily but still. I also have an obsession with watching crime series like Castle, Body of Proof, Elementary and Unforgettable. You could say that mysteries, as long as they are not really scary, are my thing. 

Here are my top ten favorite (book) characters out of the mystery genre:

Stephanie Plum from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series (what a shock, right? :))
Lee from JoAnna Carl's Chocoholic Mysteries
Claire from Cleo Coyle's Coffeeshop Mysteries
Patricia Anne from Anne George's Southern Sisters Mysteries
Mary Alice from Anne George's Southern Sisters Mysteries
Comissario Brunetti from Donna Leon's Comissario Brunetti Mysteries
Signorina Elettra from Donna Leon's Comissario Brunetti Mysteries 
Angie DeLaura from Jenn McKinlay's Cupcake Bakery Mysteries
Angelica from Lorna Barrett's Booktown Mysteries 
Lisa from Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen Mysteries

Many of these characters are the main characters of the series (which, in my opinion is a good thing that they are my favorite because they are the ones that appear in every book) but there are some exceptions (the last 4 are not the main characters)

Do you read mysteries? Are there some you would recommend reading?

Don't forget: 
I'm giving away an e-copy of Stephanie Wardrop's debut novel Snark and Circumstance
You can enter the giveaway here.  

2 comments:

  1. I don't read many mysteries, but I love the names of some of these characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new genre for me and youve given me some reads I will surely check out. New follower. My TTT

    ReplyDelete