Sunday, February 24, 2013

...in books

Showcase Sunday is weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits & Tea which was inspired by In My Mailbox from Kristie at The Story Siren.
It is a possibility for us to show what amazing books we got during the week. 

This week I went book shopping with a good friend of mine and of course we bought some. 
Here's what I picked:

I had a German copy of this book for years and it is on the edge of dying. I read it quite a lot and that's how it looks. So when I found an English copy in the store I decided to buy it and read it again soon. 

Many of my book blogging buddies have read it or are reading it right now so I decided to take it with me and give it a go. 

It sounded really good from the synopsis and it's about London - in a way. What more do I need?

I am so pysched that my bookstore had this book lying around. Yes, I did a little happy dance in the middle of the store. I love Gail's writing and adored her Parasol Protectorate series and was eagerly waiting for it to be published and than decided to wait for the book shopping date and keeping my fingers crossed that they have it.

10 comments:

  1. Bridget Jones!!!! I absolutely loved that book. (And the film as well but I'll always prefer the novel) It's hilarious, isn't it? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the book too. I always had a German copy but this is so well read that it's falling to pieces :)
      The film is hilarious as well - two of my favorite male (British) actors.

      Delete
  2. I got Warm Bodies a while ago, looks like a great read!

    Happy reading!
    My books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE BRIDGET JONES!!! :D So excited you picked up that book :)

    I've heard great things about Warm Bodies and so I hope you enjoy that too :)

    Megan xxxxx

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Warm Bodies. It was one of those books no one had ever heard about and people looked at me askance when I suggested a zombie love story but it is wonderful! At least witht he film out, people are reading it. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking books this week. I have warm bodies to read and I really must get round to it.

    Hope you enjoy everything

    ReplyDelete
  6. Warm Bodies is in my Showcase Sunday too! I already read it and I loved it, I hope you will like it.

    So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got Warm Bodies this week too! I can't wait to read it. Enjoy all your books :)

    My Sunday Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read Warm Bodies! It will probably be the next book I buy.

    Here's my Showcase Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww I love Bridget Jones!

    I just read Warm Bodies a week or so ago, and even though I don't like zombies to be thinking, I really enjoyed it - I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete