Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Life...

Monthly Rewind
January

I was so inspired by Jamie (The Broke and The Bookish and The Perpetual Page-Turner) and her monthly rewinds that I decided to start doing them too. I always feel that when reading someone's rewinds I get to know this person a little better each month and that's why I want to share my January with you.

My Pic of January
the last Christmas trees covered under a blanket of snow
 
January in One Word
Work
I am a student and term officially ended yesterday so not only had I exams to prepare for and papers to write I also tutor high school students in English and some of them had exams too. So I either studied or tried really hard to explain the different between Past tense and Past perfect tense or what the Boston Tea Party was about.

5 Things that Happened in January
  1.  My best friends turned 27 and he almost freaked out about the David Garrett concert ticket I gave him. We'll go see it together in May. 
  2. I got sick - twice!
  3. I received two books everyone was raving about - Just One Day by Gayle Forman and The Archived by Veronica Schwab.
  4. I went out with my friends again after a long long time. 
  5. I went to the cinema and watched "Life of Pi". 


5 Songs that Were Popular on My I-Pod
 
 The Story of Us by Taylor Swift

 
 Picture to Burn by Taylor Swift

Beauty and the Beat by Justin Bieber covered by Alex Goot, Chrissy Costanza and Kurt Schneider

Red by Taylor Swift covered by Landon Austin and Nikki Phillippi

We are young by the people from Glee

Book I Read this Month
  • Sophie Kinsella - The Undomestic Goddess
  • Michelle Madow - Transcendence (Transcend Time Bonus Packet)
  • Stephanie Perkins - Anna and the French Kiss
  • Darynda Jones - First Grave on the Right
  • Lauren Morrill - Meant to be
  • Kerstin Gier - Ruby Red
  • Kerstin Gier - Sapphire Blue
  • Janet Evanovich - Hard Eight 
8 books
2570 pages

a TV series I liked this month


5 Random Things I (Re-)Discovered/Liked this Month
  1. I suck at writing reviews right after I'm finished reading the book. That's why I cannot always find the right words when I finally write it. 
  2. the magic of Twitter - I never thought that I could connect with people who live thousands of miles away so well via the internet.
  3. I watched the NFL conference finals and two times a year (second will be the Super Bowl on Sunday) I like watching football. Even thought I have trouble getting the rules sometimes.
  4. Those cold and snowy winter days make me feel like a child again. Me and my dog played in the snow for hours and I didn't mind that I was so wet and cold in the end. 
  5. Tea! I love drinking tea when it's cold outside but I hardly ever have some because usually I drink coffee and I'm just to lazy to make some tea when I'm thristy so I have water instead.

Things I'm Looking Forward to in February
  • my birthday!
  • time to breath between my end of January exams and my end of February/beginning of March exams.
  • seeing my friends baby boy again (even though he's not a baby anymore).
  • reading books that are a bit thicker because I won't spend that much time on public transport - and some of those books are heavy.
  • particiapting in Bloggiesta - it's been too long!
Felix in January
 
A big "Thank you" to Jamie for letting me borrow some of her categories and ideas. 
You're the Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment