Tuesday, November 13, 2012

...in books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
This week the girls at The Broke and Bookish want to know my:
Top Ten Books I'd Want on a Desert Island
  
I did this particular TTT post during a freebie week in May 2012. I will do this again this week and we can all compare if my Desert Island books have changed in the last six months. You can read the TTT I did in May here

Here are my current Top Ten Books I'd Want on a Desert Island:
Cassandra Clare's City of Bones
 
Sophie Kinsella's Twenties Girl
 
Sophie Kinsella's The Undomestic Goddess
 
Terry Pratchett's Wyrd Sisters
Donna Leon's Acqua Alta
 
Jill Shalvis' Christmas in Lucky Harbour 
(which is cheating because it is a two books in on edition)
 
Gail Carriger's Soulless
 
Cornelia Funke's Inkheart
 
J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 
(in my opinion the best of the series)
 
Gervase Phinn's The Other Side of the Dale

7 comments:

  1. Donna Leon's got great books!
    And HP of course. Nice picks.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want to read the City of bones series and Parasol Protectorate. And I totally agree with Harry Potter of course :)

    TTT@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie Kinsella's The Undomestic Goddess was hilarious! Here's my TTT: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/11/12/top-ten-books-id-want-on-a-deserted-island/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I've been wanting to read City of Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite HP too! It's what hooked me on the series! Of course, this was back when only three HPs were released.

    Also - love City of Bones!!!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a list with lots of 'nice' books as opposed to all my dark ones - we should get stranded together for extra variety ;)

    ReplyDelete