Friday, May 18, 2012

... in books

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by the amazing Ginger at GReads!
This week’s question is:
A Book Blogger is Born
What made you decide to start your very own book blog?

Blogging started out of a new year’s resolution I formed back in 2010. I always loved taking pictures but I always forgot to take my camera with me. So I decided to start a blog where I would upload one new picture per day because then I had to take my camera with me all the time and I wanted to perfect my photography skills. 

I did this photo blog regularly for almost a year when I decided that I also want to start blogging about books. I can’t remember a time I wasn’t reading and I always loved sticking my nose in books. I can remember that my mum told me when I was about 10 years old, that I was too old to take a book with me to my grandparents’ birthday celebration. We were at a restaurant and I was the only person under 30 and so bored. So thanks for that mum.

So starting a book blog was something that appealed to me straight away. I started thinking if I should write it in English or German (my native language) but decided on English because I read most of my books in English and writing reviews would be easier that way. I also saw it as a challenge to improve my English skills (not a bad idea for an English teacher to be). In October 2010 I started “Mad about books”. 

I stopped doing my daily picture at the end of last year but wanted to have the opportunity to post pictures as well as book related ramblings and other stuff. So I created “My Life …” on the 10th of October 2011 and I am really glad that I did it. I met so many awesome people out there who share my love of books and with whom I can talk about book related topics (no, my friends don’t read). Starting to blog was clearly one of the best decisions I made in the last years. 

1 comment:

  1. So interesting - I also didn't start out as a book blogger, but that's how I ended up and am loving it :-)

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete