Wednesday, December 14, 2011

... in color


I love Christmas season
Love love love it!
Right now I have the feeling that I cannot enjoy it really because of my exam and all the teaching that I do.

But – yes, there is a but – yesterday I spent a whole day with two wonderful, amazing, intelligent, funny and adorable friends from university and we had the most amazing day ever. It wasn’t much but it was exactly what I needed. We had one lecture until 11 a.m. and afterwards our crazy day of Christmas and fun began. We started with a visit to Bobby’s, an American/English shop here in Vienna. I never was there before and after spending over 15 euro there I really wanted to curse Katrin. That will surely be a place I will regularly leave money from now on. From there we went to an Italian restaurant for lunch. We sat down there and talked, I think without breathing once, for such a long time. It was so incredible! I love having these girls around. We are all avid readers and we soon started talking about books and their movie adaptations. I love having people around me who love to read as much as I do.
Among other things we discussed Audrey Niffenegger’s “The Time Traveler’s Wife”. I read it this year and I was pretty sure that I would be a wonderful book to read because a lot of bloggers said so. Well, it wasn’t like this for me. I read the book and afterwards I got so angry at Henry. I had the feeling that he always disappeared before vital decisions needed to be made, important things happened to Clare and I thought it was so unfair to dump all this “I am going to marry you later” stuff on a young girl. I had the feeling that she never really lived and only waited for him her whole life.
Discussing books with these two girls was just wonderful. Afterwards we went for coffee and then to the cinema. We saw “New Year’s Eve” and we had the cinema almost for us alone because it was only 4 p.m. The film was a really nice movie; entertaining, with a nice plot, wonderful actors, some really yummy guys and a good soundtrack. I really liked it and it was the perfect ending for our Christmassy afternoon. 


After the movies we decided to do something like that more often. We all love going to the movies and often there are films we miss because we have no company.

Today I studied hard because tomorrow I have to teach and in the evening we have our Christmas party at work.


I will end today’s post with a quote I just found and a bit of Christmas music:

I always bring a book with me wherever I go, even if I know I won’t have a chance to read. just knowing the book is in my bag makes me feel better.



This is the link to my photochallenge 2012!
Come join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment