Friday, November 25, 2011

... in books


TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by GReads!

This week I can really say “Thank God it’s Friday”! I had an exhausting week and I have the feeling that the next week won’t be any better. All the kids have their English tests in the next two weeks and that’s why they all need my as a tutor right now. It feels like I am either at university, on public transport or at work. I know that it can’t be true but studying was not really possible this week and my exams are creeping closer with every day.

Okay, enough whining for now – the TGIF question this week is:
When You're Not Reading:
What occupies your time when your nose isn't stuck in a book?
I am a student so I am reading a lot; either for pleasure but sometimes for university as well. I am not going to tell you about my studies or my work but about what I do after work. My spare time is used for other things than reading too - not a lot but still. 
I love music – listening to it and singing along. I meet with friends – right now there are so many Christmas Markets in Vienna so we often meet for punch. When we are meeting during the rest of the year we meet in “our” bar. Waiters know us there and it is near to all of us and really cozy. 

source
 I am also watching TV quite often. Right now I am watching TV in the evenings because I am not sure if my brain can absorb any more information. I love series like “How I met your mother” and “Castle” and when watching films I usually see comedies or romantic comedies because I am easily scared when watching horror films.  




I am also a huge fan of photography. So when my nose is not stuck in a book there is a huge possibility that I am behind a camera. In the last year I started looking at other peoples pictures and discovered that there is a clear boundary between photographers who take pictures of people and those who love landscape pictures. I like landscape photography much more but that may be because I have this feeling that I am invading privacy when taking pictures of people and on the other hand I don’t like posed pictures. So I tend to take pictures of everything around me except of people. From time to time there can be a person found but these are mostly snapshots. 
Copyright: Karin Maier, 2011
Oh, I almost forgot; I love love love to travel. I was in Australia this summer and the travel bug bit me hard there. Would love to be on the road right now. Always better than studying and writing exams. 
So now you know me a little bit better and I am really interested in your answers so today you will probably find me blog hopping instead of reading.

1 comment:

  1. I love traveling! I think it's wonderful to be able to visit new places every now and then, and hopefully, I get to do that soon :)

    ReplyDelete