Sunday, November 6, 2011

... in books


In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren. IMM takes place every Sunday and is to tell other bloggers about the books we got this last week.

The different approaches to this weekly meme are always wonderful to watch. Many bloggers post a video (I love love love Kristi’s and Daisy’s videos), some post pictures and detailed description about their books. You can really participate in every possible way you can think of.

I thought about participating for a long time now but the main source for good English books – and I mostly read English books – here in Austria is Amazon. I recently became aware that book depo ships to Austria as well so maybe I will try this in the near future.
That is one of the main reasons why I don’t get so many new books per week and why I sometimes have bookless weeks - yes, plural. Maybe it is the best for my budget and my shelf space, which is so limited at the moment, but I envy all bloggers who get so many books per week and I am frantically scribbling notes while watching IMM vlogs and blog hopping each Sunday.

But finally this week I decided that I will participate in Kristi’s “In my mailbox” from now on. There might be weeks when I have nothing really to post so I am sure that my IMM posts won’t be regularly but whenever I got something new to share with you I will do so on Sunday.

This week I received three books from Amazon. They had a special offer – 3 books for 15 Euro! Who would I be if I would not have bought anything? 

I bought the following books:


I hear a lot good things about Armistead Maupin’s “Tales of the City” so I finally bought the first – really excited to read this one.
I read the blurb of “Pride and Prejudice and Zombies” many times and I was never really sure if I want to read it. But in September I read Gail Carriger’s book “Soulless” and I was hooked. So I thought I might give Zombies I try and I always loved the original “Pride and Prejudice”. Will definitely tell you what I thought about it after I read it (might take a while though).
The last book, Cal Newport’s “How to become a Straight-A Student” is a typical buy for me. I love reading stuff about minimizing your study efforts, managing your study skills, time management, etc. I need to buy everything that could help me study less, spend less time working for university and managing my time in a better way. Strangely I read all of my study skills books and I am still not better with organizing my time and my studies. Maybe it is not enough to just read the books. Who knows?

That’s all from me this week! I am really looking forward to reading/watching all the other IMM posts and I will hopefully participate again soon!

3 comments:

  1. I keep seeing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and wanting to read it, but always afraid that it might be too corny.
    I hope you enjoy it!


    Happy reading!
    ~ Shanella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! The Pride & Prejudice & Zombies one makes me chuckle every time!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete